Friday, August 20, 2010

The Cat Is Out of the Bag


I'm pretty sure all of you have heard by now that Kevin and I are expecting!

Yesterday was our first ultrasound and believe me when I say, if it didn't feel real before, it sure does now. I was most concerned about just seeing a heartbeat, then the technician asked if we wanted to hear it. That was very unexpected because I had been reading that sometimes at 8 weeks they can't always hear the heartbeat. Our little peanut has a strong heartbeat, 170 beats per minute.

Following that I had to go down to the lab and have blood drawn, I thought for a minute there they were going to attempt take all of my blood. Eight vials is what they took from me. I guess I better start getting used to the needles because if I plan to have an epidural at the end this is nothing compared to that.

For the most part I am still feeling nauseated but not throwing up so that's a good thing. Food never really sounds good but I know right now that I need to eat. The problem is when food does sound good, it's usually something that I shouldn't have. I've countered that with, "well I am still working out just about every day soooo ...."

Sorry for the poor quality of the ultrasound picture. Kevin scanned it for me last night and it turned out really small so to make it more of a photo size I took a picture of it with my camera. If we can get a better scan we'll do it and post that one.

That's all for now! We're very excited that everyone now knows and can follow us on our journey to becoming parents. We're expecting a wild ride, hopefully we don't crash and burn to many times before the finish line.


1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I know it's hard to not worry about weight (especially when you are early in pregnancy), but eat what sounds good for now and trust that your body will gain what it needs to gain to grow a strong, smart baby! You can lose weight after!

    ReplyDelete