On top of the nausea, I now have insomnia, can't sleep to save my life. The other night I didn't fall asleep till 2 a.m. and same thing this morning. Even after I fell asleep I still tossed and turned for the next four hours. You know its bad when the dogs are sleeping better than you are. So today I took matters in to my own hands and purchased a snoogle ... it's this horseshoe shaped pillow, I'm hoping this will at least help me get comfortable. Tristah said it works so I'm counting on her recommendation. We'll see how tonight goes.
Then to top things off, I was informed today that there is no real maternity leave! I'm a government employee, how is there no maternity leave for me? Apparently I can use my sick leave. As of right now I have enough time to cover me for six weeks with some time to spare but not a lot. I'm hoping I don't eat up a lot of that time with doctors appointments. My other option is to go out under FMLA and take 12 weeks of unpaid leave. Unpaid? I think not. Somone told me to look into short term disability. That would cover up to 60% of my salary while I'm out.
Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment