



Wow, time has flown since my last post. Cooper is now a month and-a-half old and getting bigger and cuter with each day that passes. A lot has happened in that time. After we brought Cooper home he lost more weight due to the fact that I was having difficulty breast feeding so we made some changes and began formula feeding him ... at his last doctor's visit he weighed in at just over 9 lbs. My parents flew in for Easter and stayed for two weeks. Kevin left for his deployment. Then after my parents left, Kevin's mom flew in. She leaves tomorrow and then on Monday Kevin's dad and Karen come to visit. After they leave I go back to work! So as you can see Cooper and I are busy busy busy.
We've also had our first trip to the ER. On Monday night I thought Cooper's soft spot on the top of his head was sunken in more than I was comfortable with. I called the advice nurse and she advised me to take him to the ER. Wonderful ... Cooper's in my care for 48 hours after Kevin leaves and I'm already going to the ER. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.
I also spent this week getting Cooper all signed up for daycare. He'll be attending the Child Development Center, (aka, the Child Abuse Center as a friend of ours likes to call it) on base. I like that he will be close to my office and I can pop in anytime I want to see him. I'm looking forward to going back to work but after spending these last six weeks home with Cooper I know it will be difficult to leave him at daycare. Fortunately I am going back half days to start to get us both used to daycare. I hate that someone else is going to get to see all of his cute smiles during the day. He better not forget that I'm his mommy.
Things are going as well as expected with Kevin being gone ... I've had to get used to doing the late night and early morning feedings. Luckily my late night feeding is at 11:00 p.m. and my early morning one occurs anytime between 5 and 7 a.m. No joke, I put Cooper in his Rock and Play at 11:30 p.m. and that kid doesn't even move until 5 a.m., at which I give him his pacifier and he sleeps for another 45 minutes or so. The last two mornings he has slept until 6:30. A sleeping baby makes things much easier. Knock on wood, I hope this lasts but I'm sure things will change as Cooper gets older.
Time to go for now, enjoy a few new photos of Cooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment