Well ... here we are at 39 weeks, Kevin and I were just saying that it still feels like we just found out we were having a baby and now here we are on the brink of welcoming Cooper into the world. As of my appointment last week I was measuring at 2 cm dilated and 75 percent effaced ... meaning, Cooper isn't quite ready to make his appearance.
When we met with one of the doctors a month or so ago he said that at 39 weeks, if you haven't had the baby yet, they start discussing induction as an option and that at 40 they start encouraging it. I'm thinking this might be the case with me, they think at 40 weeks that Cooper will be roughly 8 pounds, I can't imagine they'll let me go much longer for fear that he'll be a much bigger baby.
It's finally now that I am starting to feel like I am truly pregnant. Today my left foot swollen, but only left. My pelvic, hip and back pain is at an all-time high. Walking is painful to say the least and its at its worst at night when I am trying to sleep, sometimes Kevin has to help me rollover in bed and I do have my days where he has to help me put my shoes and socks on.
Despite all the pain I know it will all be worth it in the end when Cooper is here.
We will make sure to update everyone after our appointment on Friday, till then, everyone pray for me that this baby comes soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment