

Well, I am 27 weeks along and we went for our 3D/4D ultrasound earlier this morning. Looks like Cooper has already inherited mine and Kevin's stubbornness ... he didn't want to show us his face today. He went as far as giving us the finger, sticking his tongue out and then covering his face with both his hands. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. I could have also been because my mom was there and so far he hasn't been active when she's around!
From what we could see today, it appears he may have my Schmalzy nose and Kevin's lips. It's amazing that you can see his little face. Kevin was skeptical about doing this, he kept saying that he might call Sigorney Weaver. In the end though, I think he thought it was pretty cool. I just can't wait to see Cooper's little face for real, no in some tiny little photo.
I've been feeling really good lately, no more headaches and the heartburn has somewhat subsided. The only real ailment I have is the excruciating lower back pain I feel in the lower bottom right of my back. The ultrasound confirmed today why it feels that way, Cooper has himself wedged in down there on that side. It's painful to lay flat on my back like I had to do today during the ultrasound and sleeping at night is painful. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open! I've got the pregnancy pillow but that's not helping to much, it might be time for a prenatal massages.
Cooper is a very active baby, he's kicking and moving around what seems like all the time, except for today when it really counted. It's like he knows when I am settling into bed for the night, because he starts settling in as well ... but not before he gives me a few good jabs to the ribs.
My parents were here for two weeks over Christmas and my dad was hard at work in the nursery. He painted, put up the chair rail and then him and Kevin put the baby's dresser/changing table together. Cooper also made out like a bandit this Christmas ... lots and lots of cute clothes, and his sisters Scout and Shasta also got him a little something, a very cute giraffe that is a pillow with a blanket inside. I thought that was very thoughtful of them! lol
Alright, well I am signing off for now. I know I have been bad with updating this blog but I'm doing my best, life gets busy and weeks have passed before you've realized it. It's seems just like yesterday that we found out we were pregnant and now here I am, one week away from starting my third trimester! Time flies!
Cute pictures. We are happy to hear you are feeling well. I will email you what I did at night to ATTEMPT to get comfy! Just know that ALL women out there feel your pain! I swear, it gets you ready for the lack of sleep you will have when Cooper comes.
ReplyDeleteWe are just so excited for you guys and can't wait to share in parenthood with you. I know Brian is especially excited.
I hope that these 13 weeks fly by because I know how uncomfortable it gets and how anxious you become. But...I also wish that you soak up and enjoy every SECOND of being a married couple with no kids because you will never eat a hot meal, have uninterrupted sleep or a moment to yourself for a very long time...some say EVERY AGAIN! It's the most amazing thing and the moment you meet Cooper you will wonder how you ever lived without him and how it is possible to love something/someone so much. Nothing is more amazing than being a parent! What a gift it is! OK, sorry for rambling. Love you guys and we're counting down the days. You were our first call when we went into labor...we expect the favor returned!
I think Schmalzy noses are kinda cute.
ReplyDeleteLove the name Cooper. You can just hear that 'Coop Gallaway' will be part of an heroic story.